We are looking for a Java developer who enjoys problem solving and technology innovation. This role involves development of Java applications and back end systems for real time data processing and information display. The work requires Java programming experience, good maths skills and creative thinking to create meaningful and easy to comprehend presentation of complex data for users.
The position is suitable for a developer with a few years of experience, however junior developers will also be considered. The work is predominantly technical and requires excellent understanding of Java, distributed data processing, wireless data links, protocol design, geospatial data visualisation and web technologies. Experience with Matlab, machine learning, stream processing, sensor networks and Linux is also very desirable.
Consunet is a fast growing, Adelaide based company that provides Information Technology consulting, software engineering and R&D services. We deliver technology solutions in the Defence and public sector markets. Our workplace strives to deliver value to our clients and employees alike. Recognising individual employee needs, we are flexible in how we work, use technology to our benefit and strive to empower our employees to achieve their maximum potential. Ongoing training and development program ensures that our staff have the knowledge and skills to deliver excellent results.
- Develop Java applications and back end software
- Design data processing algorithms
- Work in a team environment
- Apply Agile software engineering best practice
- Java: SE, EE, Swing, NASA WorldWind, JAXB, Netty, Akka
- Tools: Eclipse/NetBeans, GIT, Atlassian, Gradle
- Relevant tertiary level education
- Industry experience in software development
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position requires a current Defence security clearance. The candidate MUST be an Australian citizen.
To apply please send a letter of application and your resume
with the subject line
'Java Developer @ Consunet, April 2017'.